With direct access to the company’s principals and
their vast collective management experience,
Cardinal’s core team artfully combines the expertise
of a large firm, with the individualized attention and
flexibility of a boutique management shop.
- Thomas A. Mazzei CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®
Mr. Mazzei is a founding officer and serves as Chief Executive Officer of Cardinal Management Group of Companies. In this capacity, he is responsible for leading all aspects of an organization with over 100 employees that does business in four states.
He has been involved in the management of community associations since 1980. Mr. Mazzei has working expertise in all areas of residential and commercial property and financial management in the real estate industry, as well as marketing and construction, having managed assets with combined valuations of several millions of dollars. In addition to his knowledge of management and real estate related legal matters, Mr. Mazzei specializes in the investigation and resolution of warranty claims for multi-family residential communities. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker in Virginia and has been qualified as an expert witness concerning various aspects of real property management including risk assessment and best management practices.
Thomas also has a unique background in assessing property in terms of value, curb appeal, landscape management, and overall marketing. Mr. Mazzei is a frequent author and speaker on issues relating to community association management, governance, and operations. He is one of the founding members and currently services on the Board of Directors of the Virginia Association of Community Managers.
- Education and Affiliations Bachelor of Arts, Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Licensed Realtor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM®)
- Association Management Specialist Designation (AMS®)
- Certified Manager of Community Associations Designation (CMCA®)
- Community Associations Institute, Member, Author and Speaker
- Certified Community Association Manager, (CAM), State of Florida
- Member, Property Management Association
- Founding Member, Virginia Association of Community Managers
- Board of Directors, Virginia Association of Community Managers
- Member, National and Local Associations of Realtors
- Managing Member, Mazzei Construction Group, LLC
- President, MyRep Realty, Inc.
- Don J. Mazzei CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®
Mr. Mazzei has been involved with community management since 1982. He has assisted in the financial management and program development of associations with budgeted funds in excess of four million dollars. Mr. Mazzei is a founding officer and Chief Operating Officer of Cardinal Management Group, Inc.
In addition to his knowledge of community management, Mr. Mazzei has extensive experience and specializes in the areas of maintenance and grounds management, landscaping, preventive maintenance systems, construction management, purchasing and inventory control, reserve analysis, site habilitation and development. Mr. Mazzei currently serves on the advisory committee of Fairfax County’s adult education programs for building maintenance certification.
- Education and Affiliations
- Davis and Elkins College, Elkins
- WV - Horticulture, Certified Manager of Community Associations
- Community Associations Institute, Building Operating Management
- Building and Grounds Maintenance Association
- Building Owners and Managers Associations, International Concrete Repair Institute
- Professional Grounds Management Society
- Fairfax County Advisory Committee on Building Maintenance Certification
- Association of Construction Inspectors/Certified Construction Inspector
- Association of Home Inspectors/Designated Member
- Patrick M. Mazzei CMCA®, AMS®
Mr. Mazzei serves as Chief Human Resources Officer and is a principal of Cardinal Management Group, Inc. Mr. Mazzei has been involved in the community association management industry since 1989. Mr. Mazzei has extensive experience in the interpretation of reserve studies, engineering studies and structural architecture. Mr. Mazzei is a licensed Realtor in the State of Virginia. Prior to his involvement with Cardinal Management Group, Mr. Mazzei was the National Sales Manager for Casio Electronics, N.A.; Vice President of Sales for KORG, USA and was responsible for a nationwide network of salespersons and product market development. Mr. Mazzei is also a retired art, architectural educator and school principal of 10 years.
- Education and Affiliations
- MBA Public Administration, Fairleigh Dickinson University, NJ
- BA Education, West Liberty State University, WV
- Association Management Specialist (AMS®)
- Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA®)
- Community Associations Institute
- Property Management Association
- American Management Association
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors (NVAR)
- Licensed Community Association Manager, State of Florida, #CAM 0022484
- Licensed Virginia Class A Contractor, Bldg #2705-103707
- Certified Painting and Waterproofing Contractor, Collier County Florida, #22565